Matas started as a Junior Ad Buyer at Sugatan in 2020, and despite not making it to the second phase of the application process the first time he applied, he eventually made it and went on to become one of the top Ad Buyers in the history of Sugatan.
Matas has scaled ad accounts on Facebook to astronomical heights, spending $60k/day on his own, helping numerous eCommerce businesses 10x profitably.
Today, Matas is the Chief Growth Officer at Sugatan and trains all our new Ad Buyers.
Eimantas was an Ad Buyer at Sugatan from 2020 to 2021 and was actually Matas’ mentor when he first started out.
Eimantas went on to become the Founder of Xantho Ltd. where he still focuses on paid media advertising for eCommerce brands.
In this episode, these two masterful Ad Buyers talk to Kris about how they got into ad buying in the first place, what it takes to become an expert Ad Buyer in today’s tumultuous social media advertising landscape, and how their careers have evolved since starting out at Sugatan.
If you’re an Ad Buyer who wants to join a kick-ass team and level up your career, apply on our Careers page at Sugatan.io.
Here’s what you can expect as an Ad Buyer in episode #65:
- 00:31 – Kris Sugatan explains what you can expect as an Ad Buyer at Sugatan.
- 01:52 – How Matas first started out as an Ad Buyer.
- 05:41 – Eimantas talks about leaving a career as a doctor behind and taking the leap to ad buying.
- 10:16 – Matas’s fast-paced career evolution from Junior Ad Buyer to Chief Growth Officer.
- 11:10 – How you can tell whether someone will be a high-quality team member within two weeks of hiring them.
- 13:58 – The freedom that came with being a Sugatan Ad Buyer for Eimantas.
- 15:50 – Why Ad Buyers should step outside of their ad-buying bubble and look at the bigger picture i.t.o. business as a whole.
- 18:06 – How Sugatan breaks the mold when it comes to the definition of an “agency”.
- 23:29 – What it was like for Matas as a newbie inside Sugatan.
- 27:03 – The biggest mistake Matas ever made as an Ad Buyer.
- 29:00 – The story of Sugatan taking on Maine Roast as a client.
- 33:50 – It’s all about the love of the game, surrounding yourself with like-minded people who challenge each other, and staying curious.
- 36:46 – Why being part of the Sugatan team is challenging yet incredibly rewarding.
Follow Matas Kemzūra on social media.
Follow Eimantas Spitrys on social media.
Follow us for more interesting content.
Last 3 Episodes: